We had a super fun day on Saturday doing service work with our ward primary at the temple. The girls had fun making the temple lights and signs nice and clean with thier little spray bottles. There was a much bigger turn out than we thought there'd be. I thought our president was crazy for thinking that any families were actually going to make the drive out on a Saturday morning at 7 am but I was pleasantly suprised. There were almost 50 kids in total.
Hard at work... I dont' know why Dan and Jesse posed with the kids at this particular moment so we just took a picture anyway.
Poor poor little Maysa got attacked by fire ants while working in the temple trees with Dan. He said she started dancing and crying for dad. He quickly got to her but not quick enough to stop a few ants from stinging clear up her ankles. She has been awful itchy. I had a feeling that I should put socks on with her sandals that morning but forgot and raced out the door as we were running late. In Arizona it is a bad idea to ever walk through outdoor landscaping or desert without shoes and socks. A little pair of sandals can be dangerous.
Went to Imax "Under the Sea" after the activity. I love IMAX and I love 3d, its so much fun. I actually got a little scared when the sea snakes were reaching out to us, I had to take off my glasses. The kids love it, although they had to remove their glasses a few times too...
Rainforest cafe is always fun, I just love watching the kids get freaked out, especially when the "storm" comes in.
A day trip to Phoenix is always so much fun. But its nice to come home to our quiet little town at the end of the day.
3 comments:
Looks like a fun day! We hope we can join in on the next temple service trip.
What a neat day! I love the IMAX theater.
I did get the music and I have been playing through it. Boy am I rusty! I REALLY want to go tonight, but I just don't think it's going to work out because my sister in law is not feeling well so I feel bad asking them to watch her and Pete won't get home from work till 8. SOO... I will plan on coming in 2 weeks even though i wish I could go tonight. Tell me how it goes though.
Oh man, I really am bummed I missed it! I can't wait to go, I love orchestra. Maybe I can swing something next week to get there, I'll let you know. I'm really looking forward to going though, I'm so happy you loved it!
Post a Comment