Wednesday, October 7, 2009

House Updates

We've been so busy with house and yard renovations that we just haven't had time for anything else. This is my kitchen with the new shiny black sink and bigger island deck. We also replaced a countertop with a burn beside the stove.

Dan installed this cherry wood laminate floor. We took out the carpet which was literally saturated with dog or cat pee. It was so nice to tear that out. Dan worked very hard on this , he did an excellent job.

This is my office. I painted it blue and Dan installed the cherry wood floor in here as well. Actually I helped install quite a bit as well, and I will vouch to say that it is back breaking work, but worth the effort! I think its beautiful. :)




This is the project that has taken the most time and effort. Rusty Riggs and his Capital R construction crew have worked hard to get the yard even to this point. They had to rip out dead palm trees, alot of weeds and some dead grass, and move rocks to the fence. Dan helped out considerably to install this underground watering system. I'll be so thrilled to see it when all the sod is laid. They are also installing rose curbing to match the fence, two garden boxes and navel orange trees!

Future site of a large and beautiful play structure, complete with monkey bars!! The kids can't stand waiting so they enjoy playing in the pea gravel. I have a feeling once the structure is all set up, they'll still spend more time playing in the rocks anyway. Such is life.




3 comments:

Trisha said...

It's looking so awesome! When can I come see it in person?

Stewart and Clarissa Foss said...

Nice job Suzi and Dan. That looks like you have been working like crazy. You better stay there for Ten years!

Nettie said...

I love your floors Suzi! Great work. And awesome that your sink is on your island. Love that!

About Me

My photo
My family and I started this blog mainly for scrapbooking purposes. I hope its not too boring and that you will check in from time to time.