We had a very nice relaxing week staying in a cabin in the mountains near San Diego. This was our first time staying at KQ ranch. It is an RV resort that is part of our ownership in the Colorado River Adventures. I'm not sure you could call it camping because it was so comfortable and we even had satellite tv. But our nice little (and I mean little)cabin was nestled right on the outskirts so all we had behind us was bush and trees. The resort itself is wonderful. There is mini golf, kids club with crafts and fun games, bubble bounce, fishing pond, swimming pool, playground, bike trails, tennis, basketball courts, horseshoe pits and a dog park and the weather was PERFECT!! No mosquitoes either. So anyway we stayed mostly at the ranch but we did drive into San Diego on two different days so we could play at the beach. Coronado beach was nicer and more family friendly than mission beach but both days the high only reached 70 so we absolutley froze. Dan and the girls swam in the ocean but I hardly put my toe in. What a wimp I've become. Maybe its my old age. So here are some pictures of our adventures this week. You might think I posted too many pictures... you are right. BUT I still had so much more I didn't even post.!
This is our little rental cabin. We loved how it was far enough away from everything to feel secluded. We had our bikes to get around so that was nice.
An inside view. It had a full kitchen and room to sleep 6 people comfortably.
The living room....
This is a scenic view from the other side of the ranch. Isn't it great.
THis is our backyard. We BBQ'd alot and made s'mores at night time.
We spent a little time visiting the town of Julian, which was a couple miles down the road. It is a historic mining town which is now a big tourist attraction. They claim they are world famous for their apple pies. Well, we had to find out what all the fuss was about. It was easily the best apple pie we've ever had. $14.00!!!
Just taking some photos around the ranch, it was really beautiful there.
This fishing pond is always stocked, we will bring rods next time we come.
We spent alot of time at the pool because the highs usually reached 90 during the day.
Dan and Sierra doing their water ballet. It was cute.
We loved Coronado beach, but I just about had a heart attack crossing the huge rickety old bridge to get there. Sierra buried in the sand, she loved it.
Dan loves building sand castles just as much as the kids.
Elena got the hang of boogie boarding after a while.
Maysa buried in the sand.... it didn't last long, I snapped the picture real quick.
For breakfast every day we had pancakes with cream and apple butter, sausages, eggs and orange juice. What else is vacation all about!

Mini Golf.... Maysa.... "how the heck am I going to get that ball through the tunnel"

"Oh ya, now I KNOW!"
I thought this was hilarious, the mini golf course had a bunch of antiques for decoration and when we came across this "washing machine" Dan said, "hey this is what we used growing up." I said you can't be serious, so I'll have to check with his mom if its really true.
This was the view outside my window every night. This picture does no justice. The full moon looked so much bigger.
I LOVE SAN DIEGO!
Well, if you read this far then you are a true blue friend.
3 comments:
Looks like a blast! And yes - the slip and slide offer is open to everyone so plan on coming next year between July 10-17th. It would be a blast.
How fun!
That ranch looks really nice. I love San Diego. Funny you didn't go swimming. It took me until our last day in Malta to go swimming in the Mediterranean.
Post a Comment