Saturday, June 5, 2010

Watch out! Balloon landing!



This was the weirdest thing ever! My children and I were watching this hot air ballon for about 20 minutes this morning, we were going to walk to the school to watch it land. But we didn't have too! It landed right in front of our house. Scared the living daylights out of me because I thought it was going to hit our house or our neighbors house and start a fire. Its too bad I cut the video before he responded. I don't remember much but they surely did mean to land here. I think it was our neighbors going for the ride that wanted to land right at their house.


Okay just look at this in comparison with the houses and trees. Now can you see why I was freaked out, this thing is monstrous!

He said the girls could jump in the basket for a picture, but I said thats okay. Because I was still a little shell shocked and nervous about the whole situation.

Well it is now 8:40 am and they still can't get the balloon off the lamp post. They've been trying for almost two hours.
Glad my boring Saturday became exciting!

6 comments:

dntbaker said...

you mean this has never happened to you before, i thought this was an everyday occurance... ;) freaky!

elisabeth said...

lucky!
that is pretty funny.

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

That is so cool. Now your kids have a pretty neat memory.

Brinton Family said...

i saw that you posted something about this on facebook on my iphone, but i wouldn't believe it til i could get home and check it out! wow! how awesome!! i'd love to go for a ride sometime!

suzi said...

not me... you couldn't pay me to ride in one of those things. Unless it was tethered, then I might consider it. Same as sky diving, my fear of heights just gets the better of me. And it will be that way till I die thankyou very much.

Amelia Smith said...

What the heck?! That is so crazy.

About Me

My photo
My family and I started this blog mainly for scrapbooking purposes. I hope its not too boring and that you will check in from time to time.