Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May = Preparation for twins

My sister and mother in law really wanted to see a picture of me at this point. As you can see my shirts no longer cover my massive belly, but AM I going to go out and buy more maternity shirts just for 2 or 3 weeks..... NO. I'm too stingy. Right now the babies still have funny presentation. Baby A on the bottom is breech in a sitting position and Baby A on top is transverse, meaning sideways. They are both over 4 pounds now and love to kick me all day long. Including my spine and ribs and hipbones and all sorts of other places that I never imagined a baby could get too. Sometimes they get hiccups at the same time, especially after I eat chocolate. Right now I am being monitored every 3 days with fetal monitoring or ultrasound. To make sure the babies are still sharing the placenta well. The chances of them being identical are very high seeing as they are sharing a placenta. However there is the chances that 2 placentas could have fused together, so as to appear as one. We won't know for sure till delivery. C section is scheduled for June 3rd, unless I go into labor before then. I have prepared 18 frozen casseroles and enough plastic dinnerware for at least two weeks. As well, we have recently bought 2 glider chairs, 4 bouncy seats, 2 cribs, 2 swings, carpet for our living room, 24 bottles, formula, change tables,.... the list goes on. I feel very prepared, the doctor has ordered me to rest at least for the next couple weeks so they don't come too early. At this point they would probably try to stop labor. Next week, they would probably deliver, but I would like to go as long as possible so the babies will be nice and big and healthy....



34 and a half weeks!


Same shirt.... but 19 weeks... :(

3 comments:

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

wow, that was a lot of posts. Is that what you call relaxing or just trying to get everything done before the twins come? Good luck with everything Suzi! I can't wait to see all of your kids again!

Trisha said...

I think you look great. Keep hanging in there!

The Spencers said...

Wow, I haven't read your blog forever and am so excited to hear you are having twins! CONGRATS!! You do look great...even if you don't feel it. I totally know how you feel. I look back at pictures when I was big and huge with my girls! Multiples rock! I'm so excited for you guys! Good luck with everything!

Janae

About Me

My photo
My family and I started this blog mainly for scrapbooking purposes. I hope its not too boring and that you will check in from time to time.