Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Halloween 2012

Boy am I glad Halloween is over with, before it even came we were all partied out. Trunk r treat on Friday night, adult dress up party the next night and trick r treating the following wednesday. It was too much, literally. We let the kids indulge all they wanted, then it was pretty much gone or chucked within a couple days. Candy never lasts long around this house. I just wanted it out of the house as soon as possible. I don't mean to be so negative, but am I the only one who agrees that halloween is the most pointless and meaningless holiday. I have to admit though, it is fun to dress up the kids and see everyone's costumes but when it is over I am always so glad! Thank goodness it only comes around once a year!

These outfits were supposed to be a bit more manly. They are ninjas in case you can't tell. You know with the puff sleeves and all. Oh well, they can pull off just about anything, they are so sweet!



THese photos were taken on ward trunk r treat night. It was fun with games and chili and lots of treats. My chili won for the most colorful. Dan was so mad at me for putting corn in and said that no one would eat it. BUt if I hadn't, then I wouldn't be able to brag about my prize winning chili now would I!
Elena and her best friend Rebecca.
And on halloween night, Maysa decided to be Minnie Mouse instead of a witch. Dan took the kids out for 2 hours at least. Waaaaaaaay too much candy! We had around 3 or 400 trick or treaters, alot of them teenagers. My next door neighbor refused to give candy to them, which I thought was a little extreme. Afterall they are not out spraying grafitti and breaking glass.!

Definetly glad its over with, now looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas!

2 comments:

Stewart and Clarissa Foss said...

It was sooo cold here on Halloween. Oliver went out with the kids and Stewart for 40 minutes maybe. When he came home, Ellie decided she was done too. Owen was out a lot longer. Those boys look so cute, and only just a little girly ;)

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

Nice costumes! Over here halloween is usually in the middle of school holidays which I love. I love dressing up. Its not as big here but our ward trunk n treat is always a hit.

About Me

My photo
My family and I started this blog mainly for scrapbooking purposes. I hope its not too boring and that you will check in from time to time.