Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hobbies, Hobbies




I love hobbies. Everyone needs one, or two or five. My husband has different interests than me which makes things interesting. He is into airplanes and motorbikes and the latest technology instruments like palm pilots and cell phones whereas I am interested in antiques and ghost towns and museums and flea markets. So opposite but still we manage to have alot of fun together. Believe it or not, you can learn hobbies from the internet.

Last year my husband bought me a violin, a life long passion and dream finally come true. Its never to late to try something new! I had about four lessons, then managed to learn alot of fantastic fiddling tricks and songs off you tube.

Speaking of something new, I have joined a polynesian dancing class. Lessons were free and I thought- what the heck. Watch out- white girl doin the hula! Never had I imagined myself moving my hips in such a fashion. I am jutting them in ways that I didn't think possible. So much fun and exercise is once again my friend.

There are so many things I am interested in and would like to try. I also want to enroll my children in all sorts of classes but they have already informed me that they are NOT taking the polynesian dancing class for kids. My daughter watches me and says adamantly "I'm not movin my butt like that!" So maybe we'll start with tap and ballet.

Did I mention that I am an avid reader. I generally read anything within the PG range. Some of my favorite authors include: Dean Hughes, Janette Oke, Richard P. Evans, J.K Rowling, Tolkien, Grisham, Lee Nelson, Jack Weyland, oh the list is too long and now you are getting bored.

If I could leave the reader with a message today it is this: It is never too late to try anything new, go for it and remember that alot of patience and practice is required. This is something I adapted from my mother. I remember her enrolling in classes of all sorts while in my youth.- she was a big learner and I like to think I am that way too. If you got this far, thanks for reading today!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My family and I started this blog mainly for scrapbooking purposes. I hope its not too boring and that you will check in from time to time.