Tuesday, May 10, 2011

February Surprises!

A few days after we got back from our trip to Vegas I went for my first ultrasound. By that time, I was 21 weeks into the pregnancy. I was a bit nervous going in because my mind had been made up that we were going to have another sweet little girl, and she would be an absolute blessing. I had an inkling something was different with this pregnancy, I felt bigger than usual, but ignored that and actually laughed out loud at my friend when he suggested "maybe its twins". I said- don't curse me! This pregnancy I didn't crave sugar at all, had very little morning sickness and just felt different altogether. So after about 10 seconds the technician said, " so you know there's two" Dan and I burst out laughing and said "WHAT, you have to be JOKING". Then she said- you seriously didn't know there's two? She was astounded I was so far along and didn't know I was having twins. Then she said, do you want to know their gender? YES OF COURSE! After she informed us they are definetly both boys, we started crying and laughing at the same time. What a shock. Dan had a monstrous permanent smile on his face for the next week. I was so happy, mostly for him, because I know how badly he wanted a boy. I didn't care so much, as long as they are healthy. The girls were happy to hear we were having twins, but disappointed that they weren't girls. In fact one day Maysa asked me if the babies could hear her and I said yes so she yelled at my tummy, "BABIES, CHANGE INTO GIRLS RIGHT NOW!" I laughed and laughed.
Right now we are still 2 or 3 weeks away from delivery but everyone is excited and we are so prepared!





THese are the only pictures we have where you can see the twins together in the womb. So sweet. We decided to name them Jasper and Jayden. Right now I about 35 weeks. Baby A is still breech and Baby B is still sideways, so its looking very much like a c section for me. We have that scheduled for June 3rd, I will be 38 weeks. But I could go into labor before then... you never know.

2 comments:

sunnydan said...

I love this post! I am very excited for the Twins to change the pace of everyone in our family!

Clyde and Meg said...

We are so excited for your new additions to arrive! Beautiful names!

About Me

My photo
My family and I started this blog mainly for scrapbooking purposes. I hope its not too boring and that you will check in from time to time.