Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!!

We had an exciting weekend starting out with a party at the Riggs to ring in the New year. The Riggs are so awesome, they have invited us for a party on almost every holiday this past year. They set the clock back a couple hours so the kids could join in and yell and dance at the strike of "midnight." It was super fun. We ended up staying till midnight anyway because we wanted to play "ticket to ride" which is my favorite board game ever (even though Im really terrible at it). We had seriously overindulged ourselves on appetizers and mexican food. Well, Dan and I had gone to Baja fresh for lunch that day as well. There was all you can eat salsa including mango salsa so of I course I practically drank it. Not to mention 3 extra helpings of cilantro. Well after all this in one day a person's stomach can only handle so much. Needless to say I threw up 60 times that night after we went home. (Yes its true that jalepenos hurt just as much coming back up as going down.) I'm certain you wanted to know that. :)





Here's to ringing in the "new year!" Dan's toast was simply brilliant: "Heres to all the throwup and diarrhea we'll have to clean up after our kids this year"! :(



At the "strike" of midnight, of course Dan is being his usual goofy self.

So anyhow after all that we had planned to go sledding at Mt Lemmon on New Years Day but I wasn't sure if I could go because of my "weakened condition". Well I felt better by 11 am so away we went. We couldn't find a single place to buy sleds in our town so we ended up buying a dingy at Toys r us then we found another sled at a sports store for 20 DOLLARS!! I almost cried when I remembered all the sleds we gave to our neighbors after we left Canada. The dingy worked real well until it popped, but the bottom stayed full so it still worked. There was alot of families out sledding and it was simply perfect weather for it. Dan's thermometer watch read 51 degrees.





You can't tell from this picture but they actually got serious air on this jump. Poor little Maysa went flying about a foot into the air. I probably shouldn't tell this next little story but when Dan was pulling these kids in the dingy he pulled them around a corner so fast that the dingy flew up in the air and did a complete 360. Somehow the kids were still in when it landed and no one had hit their heads. Well Sierra begged him to do it again so he did with just her in this time and she ended up hitting her head on the ground but came up laughing and begging for more. Thats when mean mommy had to intervene. I prefer my kids without broken necks thankyou very much.










This sled was awesome, we had to let a bunch of other little kids on the hills use it too because they begged and we are nice.




This is the caravan going home, the dingy popped and all the kids mittens were completely soaked.






This tree and I hung out together all day, I had fun just watching the kids because I still wasn't feeling wonderful.






Maysa really wanted to take her snowman home with us.










Isn't she cute, she did a good job building this snowman all by herself. Elena had to wear my winter boots because she outgrew her old ones, I was shocked they stayed on just fine. She ended up wearing my gloves too because hers got all soaked.




A great day to start out a Happy New Year!


5 comments:

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

Suzi thats awesome. I love that you got to go sledding and it sounds like you had a pretty fun New Year's Eve Party (minus the throw up). Raven has puked on me for 3 consecutive nights. Crossing my fingers it doesn't happen again.

Suzi said...

I went sledding but was feeling pretty crummy the whole time. I'm just happy the kids had fun.

Becky said...

Yeah for New Years and cilantro which by the way I totally love as well, but BOO for feeling and being sick. Glad your kids had fun sledding though. Looks like a good time-almost had by all.

ColeFamily said...

we have 5 sleds if you ever need to borrow any :)

Trisha said...

LOVE your snow pictures! Sorry you weren't feeling well...blame that one on Valerie and her yummy jalepenos and salsa.

About Me

My photo
My family and I started this blog mainly for scrapbooking purposes. I hope its not too boring and that you will check in from time to time.