Sunday, January 10, 2010

When Pops comes to town!

Okay so I have been meaning to follow the advice on Addie's blog way back when about posting large pictures and it totally worked. But goodness me I didn't think it would be monster large. So anyway, I really really hate small pictures especially when they were taken with a crummy camera, such as mine. So I am going to start posting pics in monster size so you can actually see details and who is who. This is all just kind of a big experiment.

My dad came to visit for a week and we took him all over Arizona. He had such a nice break from shovelling and battling the snow.


Photobucket

This picture was taken at Canyon lake. It was an absolutely perfect day and I am so glad we got to do a little bit of hiking. We had a bbq with 1/4 pound black angus beef burgers. Pops totally approved.

Photobucket

Then we went to the ghost town in Apache Junction for ice cream. My dad was mostly interested in looking at all the old cars behind the buildings.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Then of course we took him to see the Mesa temple. We were once again fooled by the too good to be true oranges on the trees. They taste like lemons or worse. But we did find one tree that had sweet ones and picked it dry. (You are allowed, we asked.) My dad really wanted a taste of an orange right off the tree.

Probably the highlight of my dad's trip to Arizona was the Pima air and space museum. He and Dan took the whole day to tour and they absolutely loved it.

Photobucket

Well I sure loved having my dad here. He said him and Arlene are definetly going to retire here in AZ. I have got my high hopes way way up! Just hope he doesn't mistake the diaper cream for toothpaste next time!! ha ha ha

Its gonna take a few posts to get all the kinks worked out with this new bigger is better pictures business. If anyone has any advice for me, that would be great!!

3 comments:

clitchfield said...

Looks like Papa had fun. I wonder if he really is thinking about buying a home down there. Now would be the time to do it.

The Whites said...

Good work! Love the big pictures :)

Christy said...

I like your blog. It looks like you guys had a busy and fun Christmas break.

About Me

My photo
My family and I started this blog mainly for scrapbooking purposes. I hope its not too boring and that you will check in from time to time.