Well, after Canada day, soon comes 4th of July. We had a real good time celebrating the 4th at my sisters house on the prairie. She lives right on the Montana border so we hiked up the hill and took some pictures. I've been up there a handful of times but every time the view is a beautiful wonder. Old Cheif mountain in the distance and long waves of green grass as far as the eye can see.
With my American boys at the Montana border.
Dan let me hike up while he rode in the truck with the boys. We started them out in the jogging stroller but very quickly ditched the idea. Mosquitoes.. cow patties... gopher holes.. ya
Here is the fenceline separating the US from Canada. Our kids ventured out past the fence, but I didn't think it was a fabulous idea. I guess because I live so close to the Mexican border... that just doesn't happen!
All the kids and cousins standing at the border monument.
I laughed at my sister for trying to get us excited about rolling a tire down the long hill. But it was amazing how far it went and so fun to watch. Talk about simple pleasures!
Dan taking the boys for their first wild ride. Look at Jasper holding on for dear life to Jayden.
At my sister's farm, there are lots and lots of toys. I'm not talking about barbies and cars, I mean golf carts and quads and canoes and bikes and trampolines and chickens and miniature horses (well their use to be) and magic trees with fairy doors. Yes its true, my kids prefer visiting their farm, to disneyland. They absolutely do, no joke. Its is a kids haven. Well, for 2 months anyway, the other 10 are covered in snow. ha
It was also a great day for kite flying. Dan had one going so high he had to attach 3 more ropes, until my sister said he better get it the heck down or else. Apparently it was an expensive one from Costco. A fun day, wish we could have stayed much longer.
1 comment:
It's true, ZZ's house is the best.
Post a Comment